Termites are a threat you can't afford to ignore. Termites attack new and old homes, regardless of construction materials. Even termite "shields" may not fully protect your home. Termites may enter through cracks as small as 1/64", through expansion joints, foundation cracks, electrical entries, and tiny gaps surrounding plumbing. Slab and hollow block foundations are even more prone to infestation.
Subterranean Termite Facts
The Subterranean termite is the most prevalent termite found in the northeastern portion of the U.S. This silent intruder lives underground, multiplying by the thousands while causing costly structural damage to your home when left untreated. Subterranean termites tunnel through solid wood such as your house timber attacking the underground structure of your home. The first sign of infestation is generally a mud tunnel found between the soil and wood construction in your home though termite presence can often go unnoticed for many years.A mature colony can contain 20,000 to 5 million workers. Queens will add 5,000-10,000 new members. Single structures can contain multiple colonies.
Termite colonies consist of a:
- King & Queen-At the heart of every colony there is a King and Queen. The Queen's sole purpose is to reproduce, laying thousands of eggs every year.
- Nymphs-while in the nymph state termites grow to take on different roles within the colony.
- Workers-worker termites maintain the colony by building and repairing nests and tubes. These workers go out to forage for food to bring back to colony members.
- Soldiers-soldier termite's primary job is to defend the colony.
- Winged Reproductives a.k.a "Swarmers" -these termites eventually leave the colony as adults and attempt to start a new colony.
- Supplementary Reproductives-these termites increase the population of the colony and serve as a replacement for the king and queen should they die.
Signs of Infestation:
- Small holes in wood
- Crumbling drywall
- Sagging doors or floors
- Mud tunnels (along pipes or masonry)
- Piles of small wings or winged insects
Termite Treatment Procedure
New England Chemical begins the treatment process with a thorough inspection of your home. Noting areas already infested and areas vulnerable to future infestation ensures the product is applied correctly the first time. Our Invisiguard System for termites utilizes a 50 Gallon Rig to deliver Termidor, a low-dose, water-based termiticide designed to eliminate termite colonies more effectively than any method currently available.
We create a continuous treated zone through a combination of "trenching" and "rodding" around the exterior foundation with localized interior treatments only when interior activity is observed. Soil is neatly back-filled following the treatment. Each plan is personalized to your home's construction and degree of infestation.
Low Dose. Low Water Solubility. Minimal Odor. Long Lasting Results.
America's #1 termite control product with over 1 million homes treated since 2000
100% control. No excuses. No exceptions.
Eliminates by ingestion, contact and transfer effect throughout the colony.
Complete elimination typically in 3 months or less. Six times faster than bait systems.
Little to no odor.
Our Invisiguard System for Termites is fool-proof. Our program includes the following:
One year Warranty
Free re-treatment if needed
Warranty may be renewed annually prior to expiration, contact for details.
Free Exterior Perimeter Treatment for Ants and General Insects